What is my purpose for life?

What is Your Purpose in Life?

Are you excited about your life? Do you ever feel like you're just going through the motions, without any real purpose or direction? If so, you're not alone. Many people feel this way at some point in their lives. But the good news is that it's never too late to find your purpose.

If things in your life were to change for the worse - say you lost your health, your loved ones, your possessions, your job - literally have the rug pulled out from under you, would your life still have meaning and purpose? Do you feel that there is more to life than what the world has to offer?

God's Purpose for our life

Our lives are not meaningless! People typically look for life's purpose in things like money, love, relationships, careers, charity, and religion. And their lives are consumed by a longing for material things that they do have have. However, unless we are deeply connected with our Creator, there will always be an emptiness in our souls. This ungodly culture that we live in is engaged in a most futile endeavor: trying to create for itself a world that is passing away (1 John 2:17). Be content to be thought a fool by unbelievers, assured that though this world may be their home, it is not yours.

Death is the great equalizer. It equalizes the wise and the foolish, the rich and the poor and it defeats all achievements. All of us will pass away, regardless of how wise we are, how much we accomplish, or how much joy and comfort in life we have had. Without an eternal perspective, life is pointless and ridiculous.

No one remembers the former generations, and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them. (Ecclesiastics 1:11)

We were created for God's glory. We are here temporarily to know God and His love and share God and His love with others. Our purpose is to move away from ourselves and the self-centered desires that constantly govern our thoughts and actions, and to give God our entire being. In other words, it is about Him, not about ourselves. 

Our lives are to reflect the light of who God is and what He has done, just as the moon reflects the brilliance of the sun.  And He will lead us to the good works (jobs and other work for his Kingdom) because he already prepared these in advance for us. 

Our concern therefore should be in living a life that is led by God. Sometimes it takes a day at a time to uncover and comprehend what He has in store for you. His path and works for you as an individual are as unique as you are unique.

  • Man's primary goal in life is to know, magnify, and enjoy God for all eternity.
  • The objective of the believer in this life is to make disciples by the way we live our life; we are God's ambassadors here on earth.
  • God has unique functions for everyone of us that He has planned ahead of time for us to live and walk in.
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10)

How did Jesus Live?

What is our purpose for life? We are to walk just as Jesus did, displaying the glory of our creator. Jesus lived a righteous life, doing the will of his father, loving and serving people, and spreading the word of the Kingdom of God.  We are to display his qualities as His ambassadors of the Kingdom of God.  We are to attract more people to His Kingdom by the way we live our lives irrespective of what we do. He will provide for his children in their role as His ambassadors. He will also guide us onto the pathway to success, if we choose to forsake our fleshly desires and walk with Him.  That is our purpose for life as His created beings. We are to serve God's purpose because our life is not our own but His.

A Christian Perspective on Purpose

From a Christian perspective, our purpose in life is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. We were created by God for His pleasure, and we are called to live our lives in a way that brings Him honor and praise. This means loving God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and loving our neighbors as ourselves. It also means following Jesus Christ and obeying His commands. In everything we do on a daily basis, we should do it for the glory of God.

God made the nations so they would seek him, perhaps even reach out to him and find him. In fact, God isn’t far away from any of us. In God we live, move, and exist. As some of your own poets said, ‘We are his offspring. (Acts 17:27-28)

When we live our lives for God, we find true meaning and fulfillment. We experience His love and grace, and we are able to make a difference in the world. So if you're looking for your purpose in life, I encourage you to turn to Jesus Christ. He is the one who can give you true meaning and purpose with lasting satisfaction.

God's pathway to your success

No matter how spiritual we are, the blows of life catch up with us at some point, and we have all experienced an emptiness in our lives. We are human, and God knows it. We need God, and God knows it. You see when you are disconnected from God, you’re not really living; you just exist. Most people in the world aren’t really fully alive. They just exist, trying to make it to the weekend. To be disconnected from your Creator who made you for a purpose is to be without a purpose. Ultimately our purpose is God's purpose.

Many times we confuse our purpose for life with our pathway to success. If you are living and walking with God daily, he will guide you onto the right path; the path to a successful life. He will guide you to the right career, the right partner, all the right choices for your daily life, but only if you walk with Him and seek His guidance in Your life. Then you can take your focus off all the things you feel like you’re missing and focus on the One who can truly fulfill you: Jesus.

I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. (Psalms‬ ‭32:8)‬ 

God's Plan for Our Life

He already has a perfect plan for you. God has placed us in this time and current location to allow us to maximize our contribution in establishing His will “on earth as it is in heaven” (Matt. 6:10). If you’ve ever wondered why you’re on this earth, understand that God has placed you here as a unique person with a unique mission aimed at establishing and expanding His kingdom—and your potential lies securely and completely in that purpose. Our life and everything we do on Earth should be directed toward this goal of establishing His Kingdom. 

It is God Himself who works in, through, and around us to accomplish His good and perfect purpose and plan. He is the one who works in us and provides us with every good thing for performing his will. In times of uncertainty and unrest we must remember that this world is not our home and therefore this world is not our source of hope.

God has given you an assignment to represent him in everything you do, in every area of your life, regardless of your age or your job. We are called to be His ambassadors. Whether in employment, deployment, or unemployment, we should approach everything as if we were doing it for God rather than for humans. Work as if you were doing it for God. Or, if you are not working, wait patiently on God; He has a purpose and plan for each life. As an ambassador of Christ, your life should reflect his qualities, and your fruit should be visible in all situations.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against things like this. (Galatians 5:22-23)

A Prayer for Direction in discovering our Purpose for life

God,

I thank You for choosing me, calling me by name, dying for me and living in me as the Holy Spirit. You have done for me so much more than I could ever ask or imagine. Because of Your demonstrated goodness, I pray Your will be done in me. Father, please silence the lies of the enemy so that I fully enjoy the abundance You give Your children. Work in me, in every single area of my life. Let no door be closed to You. Transform me inwardly giving me a new clean heart and mind focused on You and fill me with Your Spirit. 

Help me to see my purpose in accordance with Your plan for my life. Allow Your Spirit to turn me away from myself so that I might turn towards You and, in turn, turn others towards You. Let Your joy be my strength. Let pleasing You be my passion. Help me grow in my relationship with You, that I may discern Your plan for me. 

Guide my steps, I choose to turn away from sin and live as You would have me live. Thank You for opening my eyes to the blessings that You have me surrounded in. Let peace reign in my heart and home. Cause faith, courage, and boldness to well up in me . Expose any lies that I believe as I continues to study Your Word. Open my heart and mind to understand and remain in Your Word. Keep helping me grow spiritually and fulfilling the purpose for which You created me. Thank You for Your work in my life and for answering my prayer, in Jesus Name. Amen!

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. A branch can’t produce fruit by itself, but must remain in the vine. Likewise, you can’t produce fruit unless you remain in me. (John 15:4)

Read the Bible, Pray, Seek Wise Counsel, Check Your Motivations!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Empty Desire for Things

Inner Strength for every situation