Thankfulness to God for His kindness

Be Thankful for God's kindness

"On the day you were born your cord was not cut, nor were you washed with water to make you clean, nor were you rubbed with salt or wrapped in cloths. No one looked on you with pity or had compassion enough to do any of these things for you. Rather, you were thrown out into the open field, for on the day you were born you were despised."

"Then I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood, and as you lay there in your blood I said to you, “Live!” I made you grow like a plant of the field. You grew and developed and entered puberty. Your breasts had formed and your hair had grown, yet you were stark naked."

"Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love, I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your naked body. I gave you my solemn oath and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Sovereign Lord, and you became mine."

"I bathed you with water and washed the blood from you and put ointments on you. I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put sandals of fine leather on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments. I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. So you were adorned with gold and silver; your clothes were of fine linen and costly fabric and embroidered cloth. Your food was honey, olive oil and the finest flour. You became very beautiful and rose to be a queen. And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign Lord." Ezekiel 16:4-14

These verses reflect how much we are loved and cared for as God's children. We have much to be thankful for.

Remember and be Thankful

It is important to reflect on our darkest times and be grateful for what God has done for us. How quickly we forget! Just as God had delivered the children of Israel from Pharaoh and his army in Egypt, the Israelites arrived in the wilderness, and they began to complain about food, water, and their safety. How quickly they forgot God's majesty and goodness in delivering them from slavery. Instead of being thankful, they were dissatisfied with their situation.

Then, still merciful and loving, God fed them manna from heaven and created water from rocks for them. He granted them victories in their battles to take the land that God had promised them as an inheritance. Even after these miracles, however, the children of Israel quickly forgot and turned away from God.

Let us avoid the pitfall of forgetfulness and discontent, and instead remember and be thankful for God's goodness to us. Let us overflow with gratitude, confidence, hope, and joy in His power and faithfulness to us. The danger of not actively remembering is that we will become disconnected from our creator. To turn away from God, our creator, is to live a life without meaning.

"Because you did not remember the days of your youth but enraged me with all these things, I will surely bring down on your head what you have done, declares the Sovereign Lord. Did you not add lewdness to all your other detestable practices?" Ezekiel 16:43

Remembrance is a blessing. Remember and be thankful for the wonderful things God has done for you. Remember and be thankful for the times you heard His voice, felt His touch, sensed His presence, saw His grace, felt His love, and benefited from His forgiveness. Be thankful for the times he has delivered and saved you from a difficult situation. Be thankful for all the grace and kindness he extends to you on a daily basis.

Remember and give Him the thanks that He deserves.

"Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s." Psalms 103:1-5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is my purpose for life?

The Empty Desire for Things

Inner Strength for every situation