Just for today! 2023

JUST FOR TODAY

1. I will nourish my Soul 

"But Jesus told him, No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God." (Matthew 4:4)

In life we spend a lot of time thinking and planning what we will eat. Very little time is dedicated to feeding our souls, feeding our inner self with God's word, His truths. Let us not forget to nourish our soul.

Just for today, I will nourish my soul with God's word.


2. I will live one day at a time

"This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalms 118:24)

God wants us to live one day at a time. That is why in our Lord's prayer, He says "give us this day our daily bread". This is the day that the Lord has made! We must be present in the blessing of today. Tomorrow will have it own worries. God provides for us one day at a time. Live in the present, the past is gone, don't let it defeat you and the future is in God's hands so don't worry about the future.  This is the key to inner peace.

Just for today, I will live one day at a time.

"So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today." (Matthew 6:34)

"How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone." (James 4:14)

3. I will relinquish control

God will is for us to have inner peace by leaning on his strength.  This means we no longer rely on our little power but we rely on him. We dont have to try to manage and control everything.  We dont have to worry about everyone. We can relax in Christ and try softer because it isn't by our strength but by His strength.  

Just for today, I will relax, try softer and relinquish control to my Father in heaven, maker of heaven and earth.

"Then Jesus said, Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light." (Matthew 11: 28-30)

4. I will love other people

Just for today I will allow God's spirit to turn me away from my self-seeking desires to godly desires such as kindness, gentleness and love for others. I will make a conscious effort to see their needs and help where I can.

“Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?” Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:36-40)

Just for today, I will love others as Christ has loved me.


5. Remember and Be grateful 

Every good and perfect gift comes from above. I will remember the good things that God has done for me in the past and reflect on his faithfulness to me. I will avoid the pitfall of forgetfulness and discontent, and instead remember and be thankful for God's goodness. I will be thankful for the times he has delivered me from a difficult situation. I will be thankful for all the grace and kindness he extends to me daily.

Just for today, I will give thanks for all God continues to do in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is my purpose for life?

The Empty Desire for Things

Inner Strength for every situation